1) Q. Sun, D. Xiao, W. Zhang, X. Mao “Quasi-water layer sandwiched between hexagonal ice and wall and its influences on the ice tensile stress”, Nanoscale (accepted)
2) Z. Zhang, D. Xiao, K-S Choi, X. Mao, “The fusion of flow field data with multiple fidelities”, Physics of Fluids (accepted)
3) M. Gong, C. Xiong, X. Mao, L. Cheng, S Wang, A. Zhang, “Non-modal growth of finite-amplitude disturbance in oscillatory boundary layer”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2022 (943): A45
4) L. Dong, K. Choi, X. Mao, Y. Wang, “Development and interaction of vortices over a very low aspect-ratio wing under pitching motion”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2022 (943): A42
5) L. He, H. Xu, X. Mao, G. Besagni, “Some Recent Advances in Computational Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow”, Applied Thermal Engineering, 2022 (212): 118645.
6) D. Xiao, W. Zhang, Q. Sun, X. Mao, “Linear and weakly nonlinear dominant dynamics in a boundary layer flow “, Physics of Fluids 2022 (34): 054101 (featured article)
7) W. Huang, Z. Wang, D. Xiao, G. Xi, X. Mao, “Transition induced by wall-normal vibration in flow around a flat plate with roughness”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2022 (940): A33
8) W. Zhang, A Shahmardi, K. Choi, O. Tammisola, L. Brandt, X. Mao, “A phase-field method for three-phase flows with icing”, Journal of Computational Physics, 2022 (458): 111104
9) B. Li, Q. Sun, D. Xiao, W. Zhang, Numerical Investigation of the Aerofoil Aerodynamics with Surface Heating for Anti-Icing. Aerospace 2022, 9, 338.
1) D. Xiao, H. Borradaile, K. Choi, L. Feng, J. Wang and X. Mao, “Bypass transition in a boundary layer flow induced by plasma actuators”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2021 (929): A6.
2) J. Ren, W. Wolf, X. Mao, “Model reduction of travelling-wave problems via Radon cumulative distribution transform”, Physical Review of Fluids, 2021(6): L082501
3) Q. Sun, Yong Zhao, K. Choi, X. Mao, “Molecular dynamics simulation of liquid argon flow in a nanoscale channel”, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 2021 (170): 107166
4) Q. Sun, Yong Zhao, K. Choi, X. Hou, X. Mao, “Reduction of atomistic ice tensile stress by graphene-carbon nanotube coating”, Applied Surface Science, 2021 (565): 150562
5) B. Elshafei, A. Pena, D. Xu, J. Ren, J. Badger, F. Pimenta, D. Giddings, X. Mao, “A hybrid solution for offshore wind resource assessment from limited onshore measurements”, Applied Energy, 2021 (298): 117245
6) H. Borradaile, K. Kourtzanidis, F. Rogier, K.S. Choi, X. Mao, “Mechanism for Flow Reversal in Millimetric Annular DBD Plasma Actuators”, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys,2021(54): 345202
7) J. Deng, X. Mao, “Nonlinear perturbation developments in flow around a vibrating cylinder”, Journal of Hydrodynamics, 2021 (33): 1129–1138
8) J. Deng, X. Mao, Luca Brandt, “Symmetry Breaking of Tail-clamped Filaments in a Stokes Flow”, Physical Review Letters, 2021 (126): 124501 (featured on the cover)
9) X. Mao, Bofu Wang, “Spanwise localized control for drag reduction in flow passing a cylinder”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2021 (915): A112.
10) Q. Sun, Yong Zhao, K. Choi, X. Mao, “Molecular dynamics simulation of thermal de-icing on a flat surface”, Applied Thermal Engineering, 2021 (189): 116701
11) J. Ren, X. Mao, S. Fu, “Image-based flow decomposition using empirical wavelet transform”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2021 (906): A22
12) W. Huang, D. Xiao, J. Ren, Z. Wang, G. Xi, X. Mao, “Bypass transition in flow over a vibrating plate”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2021 (909): A15
13) W. Zhang, M. Vahdati, “Investigation of the tip injection for stall control in a transonic compressor with inlet distortion”. Journal of the Global Power and Propulsion Society 5 (2021): 28-38.
1) L. Dong, K. Choi, X. Mao, “Interplay of the leading-edge vortex and the tip vortex of a low-aspect-ratio thin wing”, Experiments in Fluids, 2020 (61):200
2) W. Zhang, S. Stapelfeldt, and M. Vahdati. "Influence of the inlet distortion on fan stall margin at different rotational speeds." Aerospace Science and Technology (2020): 105668.
3) Q. Sun, K. Choi, X. Mao, “An analytical solution of convective heat transfer in microchannel or nanochannel”, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 2020 (117): 104766.
4) Q. Sun, K. Choi, Yong Zhao, X. Mao, “Resistance of velocity slip flow in pipe/ channel with a sudden contraction”, Physics of Fluids, 2020 (32): 063602
5) W. Zhang, M. Vahdati. “Stall and Recovery Process of a Transonic Fan With and Without Inlet Distortion”. ASME. Journal of Turbomachinery. 2020.
6) W. Zhang, M. Vahdati, F. Zhao. “Impact of exit duct dynamic response on compressor stability”. ASME. Journal of Turbomachinery. 2020.
1) J. Deng, X. Mao, F. Xie “Dynamics of flow around a circular cylinder with flexible filaments attached”, Physical Review E, 2019 (100): 053107
2) J. Deng, L. Zhang, X. Mao, “Numerical prediction of aerodynamic performance for a flying fish during gliding flight", Bioinspiration & Biomimetics, 2019 (14): 046009
3) S. Le Clainche, X. Mao, J. Vega, “New method to capture traveling waves in flow passing a wind turbine”, Wind Energy, 2019 (22): 922-931 (featured on the cover)
4) Xiao, D. & Papadakis, G., Nonlinear optimal control of transition due to a pair of vortical perturbations using a receding horizon approach. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2019, 861: 524-555.
5) B. Wang, X. Mao, T. Zaki, “Low-frequency selectivity in flat-plate boundary layer with elliptic leading edge”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2019 (866): 239-262
6) W. Zhang, M. Vahdati. “A Parametric Study of the Effects of Inlet Distortion on Fan Aerodynamic Stability”. ASME. Journal of Turbomachinery 141.1 (2019): 011011.